Hume-Bennett Lumber Company

Here is my blog for Hume-Bennett Lumber Company. Hume California is located in King Canyon National Forest (Monument). For those who may not know Hume Lake Dam was created for logging. In the day the world’s largest flume ran from the dam to Sanger, CA. It was about 57 miles.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Some newer photos...

Peanut butter lid contest unfinished Hume bunkhouse and hoist:


A better attempt on the bunkhouse inside:


Here is an unfinished view of the Hume mill model:


And finally my unfinished shay engine #2: (Yes, it runs nice…)


Anyway this is the fun stuff that I have been doing. It is very helpful to have pictures and from and may views as possible to build these things.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful work amigo! I'll be checking on your progress. I too am fascinated with the SLC...

"Bucks Owin"

April 07, 2007  
Blogger Matthew said...

Thank you so much... I have been busy but I hope to get something "finished" I just keep getting distracted.

April 26, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice work. thanks for sharing. larry

March 23, 2009  
Anonymous Jimmy Hardwick said...

Oh great work!

I love the details...

February 18, 2010  
Blogger Ken Haugland said...

Matthew, This stuff is great! I've been interested in the Hume Bennett has a cabin at Hume Lake. I have always wanted to build a model railroad of the area. Where did you get the plans for your sawmill? Did you just go by drawings? Any updates?

March 23, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home